Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Eating Plan, Thinspo

I hit my long awaited goal of 120lbs (54.4kg) about three months ago thanks in part to the ABC. Since then I've been going between 120lbs (54.4kg) and 125lbs (56.6kg). It's driving me bonkers. When I restrict all I do is maintain.

So I'm trying out something new... I weigh myself every day before I go to bed, then again a short while after I've woken up. I allow myself to eat half the amount of what I've lost. For example, if I weigh 124lbs (56.2kg) before I sleep and 123lbs (55.8kg) when I wake up, I'm allowed to have 1/2lb (8 ounces, or .2kg) worth of food for the day. Water is the only liquid that doesn't count so I've been drinking a ton of it.

I've looked around and it seems that 3,500 calories is the equivalent of one pound (.5kg) of fat. I don't know if I should keep going by the literal weight or the caloric equivalent. There's a pretty huge difference. Let's use the 1/2 lb (8 ounce, or .2kg) example again.

If I use the weight rule: 1 can of soup at hand chicken noodle soup (6ounces, 80 calories,) 1 special K breakfast bar (.6ounces, 90 calories,) 15 organic white cheddar Cheetos (.4ounces, 70 calories,) 1 mini blueberry muffin (1 ounce, 80 calories.) That's 8 ounces (1/2lb, .2kg) and 320 calories.

If I use the calorie rule:
2 cans of soup at hand chicken noodle soup (12 ounces, 160 calories,) 1 child size ham Subway sandwich (8 ounces, 320 calories,) 1 Hershey's cookies and creme candy bar (3 ounces, 280 calories,) 1 Taco Bell burrito supreme (800 calories, 8 ounces.) That's 1.9lbs (.9kg) and 1560 calories.

As of now I think I'll stick to the weight rule. Even if I ate my entire weight allowance in chocolate, I'd still only be at around 900 calories maximum for the day. It's hard to screw it up by eating high calorie foods. I can pretty much have whatever I want. On top of this I'm going to apply my usual rules (copied and pasted from a December 2009 post:)

"
I try to waste most of my calorie allowance on liquids... and my new rule is to not eat anything unless certain conditions are met. It's working fantastically - better than anything else has before. Here are the rules:

1. It has to be free. I'm not paying for food ever again. This is also a great excuse to get out of eating. "Oh, I don't have the money." "I get paid tomorrow." "I can't afford to go out and eat."

2. It has to be offered to me. I never instigate a food endeavor. I always wait for a friend to suggest going out to eat, or an aunt to ask me if I want some of her cookies. On top of that, I always decline the first time. Not only is it the thing to do in Western culture, but sometimes people buy it and drop the topic.

3. I have to have be hungry. Some of you are probably rolling your eyes. "But I'm always hungry." I mean that I need to be literally physically hungry. Stomach burning, feeling a little weak, grumbling belly... everyone knows how they feel when they need to eat. There's a difference between craving chocolate because it tastes good and needing a sandwich because your body craves the fuel.

4. I have to love it. This applies for everything from now on, just like number one does. If I'm going to put it inside of me and risk all the calories, fat, weight, and stress... then it better be super delicious and exactly the way I like it. If there's something I don't like about it then that's just another excuse for me to stop eating it.

Following these rules means that I've fasted here and there for a day or two because all the conditions aren't met. I feel like I'll be eating a lot less as time goes forward too because my friends are already tired of having to pay for me and buy me a meal that I really like. [:"

Here's some thinspiration to finish it all off. I'm going to keep track of how this goes so hopefully you'll see a ton of updates from me during this little experiment. It looks promising in theory!












No comments:

Post a Comment