Friday, October 2, 2009

Vitamins That Increase Metabolism

A super quick update! I'm so happy that things are going as planned so I wanted to share. That number went down again.

Current weight: 154.4lbs / 70.1kg

That's how it should stay. I feel great. I've been eating Special K and drinking tons of water. The usual...
1/3 cup Special K with Blueberries (35 calories) with 1/4 cup of skim milk (25 calories.) Yesterday I had a few pieces of sushi as well. (46 calories each for a slice of California Roll, I had two pieces so that's 92 calories.) I hope I can get near my short term goal by Halloween!

I was looking at a food pyramid today. I never realized how much crap is in there. Maybe it just seems like a ton in retrospect because I'm eating so much now.

That's an amazing amount of food. That's probably more than I eat in a week. ]:

I read up about vitamins. It seems like B and C are the ones that help boost your metabolism the most. C also helps your immune system and gives you energy. Green tea and ginseng also help out because they're metabolism boosters and appetite suppressants. These are the suggested doses. If you can find a multivitamin that has all of these and more, go for it!

Vitamin C: 100mg per day.
Vitamin B: This one is tricky because you need to find a pill that covers all the B vitamins, and not just B-12 (cobalamin) or B-2 (riboflavin.) The dosage for each one is different, but as long as it's a general vitamin B supplement it should be fine.
Ginseng: 200mg per day.
Green Tea Extract: 300mg per day. The article is pretty interesting. Apparently green tea also acts as a natural inhibitor for most cancers. Neat! Of course, drinking a cup or two a day is also satisfactory if you're not the pill-taking type. Most brews are under 5 calories. [:

No comments:

Post a Comment