Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thinspo, Vitamins

I'm still around! I just had a lot of work to take care of. I'm happy to see that I have a few comments waiting for me. [:

Current weight: 140.0lbs / 63.5kg

I did an experiment over the past couple of days. For a while I have wondered, "What do I do once I reach my goal weight? How do I maintain it? Do I go back to eating?" For three days I ate what a normal person would eat: three decent meals and some snacks. (For example, 1 bowl of cereal, orange juice, and toast... 6'' Subway Sandwich and chips... 1 can of soup with salad and bread roll... 1 muffin for dessert... some apples to snack on along the way.) I went from 143 to 148 after eating "normally" for just three days! I don't want to know what would happen if I ate how I used to eat (fast food all the time.) Thankfully I was able to knock out those 5lbs (2.3 kg) just as quickly with a salt water flush and juice fast. Today I've had nothing to eat and I don't feel hungry yet. I think that reality check will keep me on track for a long time.

I really sat down and thought about everything that had gone on. It psyched me out fairly well. Is it worth it to have that one sandwich and deal with the stress, regret, weight gain, and struggle of losing it again? No way. Do I really want that strawberry soda instead of a cup of water? Do I want that extra 150 calories lingering in the back of my mind all day? No way. No food is not worth it. "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." It's true! Sushi is my weakness and I don't even care about that right now. I'm also in love with Burrito Supremes from Taco Bell (520 calories!) but I'd rather starve for three days than eat one.

I'm actually starting to like what I see in the mirror. I have to wear belts and I've completely shrunk out of 25% of my clothing. I want to hit that magical 120lbs (54.4 kg) before I treat myself to shopping for new ones. It's nice to have a pile in my closet that are too big for me!

cutelittlefangs: The mythical page counter is at the very bottom, haha. Right now it's just over 2,000! Wow. I'm really impressed. [:

P: I've got your MSN and I'll add you to mine! No worries, I won't make the comment with your information a public one. Thank you for all the help with the vitamin information. I'm going to add it to this post! Trust me when I say that I have felt a big boost in confidence since I changed my eating habits. I feel good when I see myself in the mirror. I look taller. I'm starting to notice that I get more attention. I can't wait to go shopping! I used to hate it because nothing fit right and realizing what size I was made me feel disgusting. Now that I know I've lost some weight I'm actually excited to try on clothes.

The following vitamins were recommended by "P" so I can't take credit for finding them! I have, however, done some research on all of them so that I can provide my own summary of what they do.

CLA (conjugated linoleic acid): 3.4g per day. Wow! This stuff has been proven to burn weight and discourage the growth of tumors. It is naturally found in the highest quantities in beef. I'm glad I'm a meat eater! For you vegetarians out there, eggs also contain a good portion of this acid. If you're vegan, aim for portobello mushrooms. They contain a small amount but the fact that there's any is amazing. It's not found in any other fruit or vegegtable.

Alcar (acetylcarnitine): 250mg per day. Be careful not to overdo it for this one because it's known for causing stomach upset... not that many of us would mind throwing up. It protects the heart and helps regulate the central nervous system. This is used to treat things like Parkinson's Disease!

Xantrax and Blackmore's Weight Loss Accelerate were also suggested, but I don't advocate "weight loss" pills. Some people are probably laughing at me because most "weight loss" pills are just multivitamins with amped up dosages of ingredients that I've already listed. A more specific reason why I won't suggest any specific "weight loss" pill is because I don't want to endorse one brand over the other. In the case of these two, the active ingredient in both is hydroxycitric acid. It's a type of citric acid that's found naturally in a few plants. It increases your metabolism, but studies show that it's bad for men or pregnant women. It produces excess lipids and prevents your body from absorbing carbohydrates properly.

While I'm at it, I feel that I should mention this: I hope anyone who is pregnant has enough common sense not to worry about their weight. If you are pregnant and thinking about restricting your diet - knock that shit off. You have someone else to worry about for now. There is another life that totally depends on you. Eat on their behalf. In nine months you can starve for two weeks and lose all the weight. "P" is a smart lady. She was a good mom and now she's worrying about herself. Your child should always come first. [:

Thinspo with a water theme! It's raining where I am and that's very rare. There was even thunder and lightening last night. O:





No comments:

Post a Comment