Sunday, October 10, 2010

Boba, Thinspo

I was talking to a friend today and I think I'm traumatized. Have you have had a delicious boba drink? Bubble tea? Tapioca? They have a thousand different names. (No, this isn't me, it's some random picture from Google.)



Those suckers are overflowing with calories. 1/4 cup of boba/tapioca/bubbles has 270 calories and 45% of your daily carbohydrates. What in the world? Where do these calories come from? The actual tapioca itself is super calorie dense. Then if you add in the fact that they're slowly cooked in a maple syrup sugary concoction... it all starts to come together.

The drinks themselves aren't low calorie either. Here is a short list:

Honeydew Milk Tea - 361 calories

Milk Tea -260 calories

Lychee / Litchi Jelly - 125 calories


In case you've ever wondered what the milk teas are made of it's usually a mix of condensed milk, regular milk, a tea base and water. The condensed milk is where most of the calories come from. I'm really bummed out. I love these drinks.

Time for some dancer thinspo. [:
































This has nothing to do with the topic but I found it while I was looking and I love the outfit.



This one just cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment