Thursday, March 31, 2011

Obesity, Motivation

Today I stumbled across a blog post by a woman who was upset because someone called her fat. It reminded me of my post a few weeks ago regarding a woman who "fired her doctor" because it was suggested that she lose weight for her health. It is a very long post that I do not want to copy and paste here. This is what a friend had to say after reading the post and I think it sums it up best:

"This is a bunch of fat women complaining that people are calling them fat. She got pissed off when someone, saying something not even related to her, expressed the belief that fat people were unhealthy. People commenting on this post are talking about how they stopped going to their doctors because the doctors told them they had to watch their weight. They are saying that these comments are "fat-shame" and that they are tired of being "fat-shamed." As someone who was fat, and is still fat, those people piss me the hell off. No one wants to see their fatness. But they want to be treated like the disabled or the physically deformed. They're victims. I'll admit that some of their stories are of people who are just jackasses going up to them and calling them fat, but the thing of it is THEY ARE FAT. It is a fact. And every one of them that says they can't do anything about their fatness deserves to burn. I went from 300 to 220 in four months. Anyone can do it. There's no it's in my genes or no diet works for me about it. Fat people complaining about fat acceptance makes me rage. It makes me want to get as far away from being fat as possible."

Here is a screen cap of some particularly funny comments, as I didn't want to link to her blog directly:







No comments:

Post a Comment